Monday, May 29, 2006

Hello Smart Telecom, anyone at home ???

I have a broadband service provide by Smart telecom.According to the invoice which I receive promptly every month, the speeds are 2MB/128 , which I understand is for 2 MB download speed and 128 k upload speed.The following are the download speeds I measured today using Smart's own speed tester at

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/bbspeedtool.htm


Mon 29 May 2006
92.5 k 10.30am
10k 11.05am
2.36k 11.07am
45.4 11.12am
48.1k 11.14

I rang Smart months ago about this.They were going to get back to me.
They have not contacted me since.
The problem keeps recurring.

Have to put up with it I suppose.There is no technical support offered as their Support line does not respond to calls for Ballygarvan i.e. problems either do not appear to be reported to anyone who can actually correct the faults, or they are reported and nothing is done about it.

The problem appears to be with the Wi-Fi technology they are using here in Ballygarvan.A friend of mine in Dublin has no problems with their DSL service which works over the copper wires of his telephone line.He regularly gets 3 MB or higher.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home